PowerShell is a powerful scripting language that has become a popular choice for cloud engineers due to its ability to automate tasks and manage cloud infrastructure. PowerShell modules are collections of pre-built commands that can be easily used to automate common tasks, making the life of a cloud engineer much easier. In this blog post, we will take a look at the Most used PowerShell modules for cloud engineers in 2023.
Table of Contents
First we look at Microsoft 365 Services.
- Connect-MsolService – Initiates a connection to Azure Active Directory.
- Connect-ExchangeOnline – Use the Connect-ExchangeOnline cmdlet in the Exchange Online PowerShell module to connect to Exchange Online PowerShell.
- Connect-MicrosoftTeams – The Connect-MicrosoftTeams cmdlet connects an authenticated account for use with cmdlets from the MicrosoftTeams module.
- SharePoint Online Management Shell – To get started using PowerShell to manage SharePoint Online, you need to install the SharePoint Online Management Shell and connect to SharePoint Online.
Second we have a look at the Microsoft Azure Services.
- Connect-AzAccount – Connect to Azure with an authenticated account for use with Azure Resource Manager cmdlet requests.
- Connect-AzureAD – Connects with an authenticated account to use Azure Active Directory cmdlet requests.
- AzCopy – AzCopy is a command-line utility that you can use to copy blobs or files to or from a storage account.
- PSWinDocumentation – Simple project generating Active Directory, AWS, Office 365 (Exchange, Azure AD) documentation to Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SQL.
Modern Workplace (Intune)
Lastly, we examine the products related to Microsoft Intune under the heading Modern Workplace.
- Get-WindowsAutoPilotInfo – This script uses WMI to retrieve properties needed for a customer to register a device with Windows Autopilot.
- Intune Graph Samples – This repository of PowerShell sample scripts show how to access Intune service resources.
- Intune documentation – The Intune documentation script is now updated and includes the documentation of Application Configurations, PowerShell Scripts and a new documentation design.
- WifiTools – A set of tools that can simplify handle Wi-Fi profiles, connection. Also additional tools that closely related to networking and Wi-Fi.
There are many more?
I’m sure there are thousands of other modules and scripts that a cloud engineer could use. If you can’t find a module in this blog post, feel free to send me the suggestion / link via LinkedIn DM. This way the article can be kept up to date for the community.
PowerShell modules are an essential tool for any cloud engineer who wants to automate tasks and manage cloud infrastructure efficiently. In this blog post, we have looked at the best PowerShell modules for cloud engineers in 2023. Whether you are working with Microsoft Azure, AWS, VMware, or any other cloud platform, these modules will make your life much easier. Finally, start exploring these modules today and see how they can help you streamline your workflow and achieve more in less time.