Benefits from Integrated Apps
In my active time as a cloud engineer, there were always discussions about third party applications that should be integrated into the seamless cloud infrastructure. Therefore, in this article I would like to establish a free / small ranking of the manufacturers and highlight certain points that simplify an integration. Most Used Microsoft 365 Certified Integrated Apps!
Table of Contents
The process of introducing a third party application (add-in) in silence from an add-on to an office application is relatively simple to set up. First, the initial situation must be clearly defined, in which the must and can criteria are defined. Then the third party application is put through its paces with the help of a Proof of Concept. If all requirements are met, the rollout can be planned for all users, supported of course by documentation or any training.
Here is my top 5 list of applications that I have been able to test and implement during my career. This is my objective opinion 😉
officeatwork is a tool that helps users create and manage custom templates within the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. It offers a wide variety of pre-designed templates that users can customize to suit their needs. Some possible reasons why it might be a popular choice among users include:
- Easy to use: The Officeatwork app is user-friendly and intuitive, making it easy for users to create and manage templates without needing extensive technical knowledge or experience.
- Time-saving: With Officeatwork, users can quickly create professional-looking documents, reports, and presentations without having to start from scratch. This can save a lot of time and effort, especially for those who frequently need to produce similar types of documents.
- Customizable: Officeatwork provides a range of pre-designed templates that can be customized to meet specific needs. This can be especially useful for businesses or organizations that require standardized documents or branding across all their communications.
- Integration: Officeatwork integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Office, making it easy to access and use directly from within the Office suite. This can be a big advantage for users who already use Microsoft Office as their primary productivity tool.
The Microsoft Office Extensibility Team mentioned officeatwork in their ‘What’s new for Office Add-ins at Ignite 2022’ blog post.
Adobe Acrobat Sign in M365 Apps
In Microsoft Office programs like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, users can sign and send documents for signature using the Adobe Acrobat Sign for Office Applications tool. It is a component of Adobe Document Cloud’s lineup of goods and services.
- Integration: Like Officeatwork, Adobe Acrobat Sign for Office Applications integrates directly with Microsoft Office applications, making it easy to access and use without having to switch between different programs.
- Security: Adobe Acrobat Sign provides a secure way to sign and send documents electronically, with multiple layers of encryption and authentication to ensure the authenticity of the signer and the document.
- Customizable: Adobe Acrobat Sign allows users to customize their signatures and create signature workflows that match their specific needs, making it easy to standardize the signing process across an organization.
- Collaboration: Adobe Acrobat Sign allows multiple people to sign a document, making it easy to collaborate on documents and complete workflows that require multiple signatures.
LMS365 is a Learning Management System (LMS) that is designed to integrate with Microsoft 365, SharePoint, and Teams. It is designed to provide organizations with a powerful, yet easy-to-use platform for creating and delivering online training and learning experiences. Here are some reasons why LMS365 might be a good Office add-in application:
- Integration: LMS365 integrates directly with Microsoft 365, SharePoint, and Teams, making it easy to create, manage, and deliver content.
- Customization: LMS365 is highly customizable, allowing organizations to tailor the platform to their specific needs and branding. This can help to create a more engaging and personalized learning experience for learners.
- Analytics: LMS365 provides robust analytics and reporting features that allow organizations to track learner progress, identify knowledge gaps, and measure the effectiveness of their training programs.
- Mobile-friendly: LMS365 is mobile-friendly, with responsive design that allows learners to access training content from their smartphones and tablets, making it easier for them to learn on-the-go.
I am not sure if DocuSign has a certified application, but it is definitely a good solution that needs to be mentioned. Users can securely sign and send documents electronically with the help of the electronic signature and document management software DocuSign. The following are some justifications for why DocuSign might be a useful Office add-in program.
- Integration: DocuSign integrates directly with Microsoft Office applications, making it easy to sign and send documents directly from within familiar tools like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Security: DocuSign provides a secure way to sign and send documents electronically, with multiple layers of authentication and encryption to ensure the authenticity and privacy of the document and the signer.
- Customization: DocuSign allows users to customize their signatures and create signature workflows that match their specific needs, making it easy to standardize the signing process across an organization.
- Collaboration: DocuSign allows multiple people to sign a document electronically, making it easy to collaborate on documents and complete workflows that require multiple signatures.
Mural for Microsoft 365
Mural for Microsoft 365 is a collaboration tool that integrates with the Microsoft 365 suite of applications, allowing users to create and collaborate on digital whiteboards within Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, and other Microsoft 365 apps.
- Seamless Integration: Mural for Microsoft 365 integrates with Microsoft Teams and other Microsoft 365 apps, making it easy to incorporate digital whiteboards into your existing workflow.
- Visual Collaboration: Mural for Microsoft 365 provides a visual collaboration platform, allowing teams to work together on digital whiteboards that can include images, videos, and other media, making it easy to collaborate on visual projects.
- Real-time Collaboration: Mural for Microsoft 365 enables real-time collaboration, so team members can work together on a project simultaneously, even if they are located in different parts of the world.
- Enhanced Communication: Mural for Microsoft 365 provides a shared platform where team members can communicate and share ideas, leading to more efficient and effective collaboration.
- Remote Collaboration: Mural for Microsoft 365 is particularly useful for remote teams who need to collaborate on projects, providing a centralized platform for collaboration, regardless of the team’s location.
Deployment of M365 Integrated Apps
Deployments of the Integrated Apps are very simple and the add-ins for the Office applications are distributed via Admin Center.
Choose whether it is a test deployment or not. Certainly in a POC it makes sense to select Test here.
In order to grant access to various resources, an enterprise application is registered and you can see here which authorization the user receives.
In conclusion, Microsoft 365 is a flexible set of cloud-based tools that can be tailored to meet the particular requirements of any business. Businesses can improve collaboration, automate workflows, and gain insightful data by integrating with a variety of third-party apps. There are numerous third-party businesses with fantastic integrated apps for Microsoft 365 that can help you to achieve your goals, whether you’re looking to enhance your customer relationship management, improve your project management, or improve your e-signature workflows.